What Are the Advantages of Using a VoIP Number?
A VoIP number takes the place of a conventional phone in so many ways. However, you must fully understand the function of a VoIP phone number so you can fully utilize all the benefits accompanied by it. Once you’ve learned what and how a VoIP number functions, you will be caught in surprise by how indispensable this telephony system is.
What is a VoIP number?
A VoIP number is given to you once you register to avail of a VoIP service. Similar to landlines, they are the digits of numbers that you press on a dial pad to place a call. But unlike the conventional landlines, you are not limited to using a single desk phone or additional extension line since it can be used from any Internet-able devices such as laptops, desktops, smartphones, or if you prefer to have one, a VoIP phone.
What is a VoIP phone number used for?
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a communication system allowing you to make phone calls using the power of the Internet alone. It means that to make or receive a phone call, all you need is Internet connectivity and a mobile phone or PC that has the capability of making Internet calls. One of the great advantages of the Internet is that it supports a wide range of devices.
VoIP phone numbers are used for a variety of reasons. The following are a few of the activities in which VoIP technology is capable of:
- First and foremost, VoIP-enhanced devices can make calls through the Internet. It is one of VoIP’s best features since you are not restricted to a specific area. Unlike the conventional landlines that require an area code, VoIP numbers can be used anywhere.
- VoIP numbers function on multiple gadgets. As mentioned above, whether you want to make a call through your mobile phone or your laptop or desktop, you can do it with a VoIP number.
- Low-cost per call you make. As the name suggests itself, the VoIP utilizes the Internet to make and receive voice calls. And if you would compare the cost per call between VoIP and traditional landlines, you’ll be amazed at the very low cost with VoIP numbers, especially if you make long-distance calls frequently.
- VoIP’s flexibility offers convenience for its users. VoIP technology gives you the freedom to make and receive calls wherever you go. Again, unlike the traditional phone lines that are limited to your office or home, VoIP allows you to move from place to place as your business demands.
- And so much more!
As you see, there are a lot of reasons why shifting to a VoIP phone system is the best decision. And to further elaborate on the benefits of using this technology, it has robust features that can't be seen in any traditional phone services.
Features of VoIP phone numbers
The following are just a few of the important features VoIP has that could significantly help you in growing your business.
Basic VoIP features
Let’s discuss first the basic feature a VoIP phone number has. Most VoIP service providers such as Hottelecom provide these features for free:
- 3-way calling - also called a conference call allows you to have a conversation with two other persons.
- 411 directory – 411 directory listing enables you and your business to appear as a local listing whenever people search for services and products in your category.
- Caller ID – the same with analog and digital systems, VoIP has the caller identification or caller ID feature. An important feature for any type of phone service, caller ID allows you to see the phone number of the calling party before answering. It helps you decide whether you should answer the call or not.
- Auto forwarding – as you can see, auto-forwarding is a very indispensable feature since it allows you to move from one place to another. For example, you can set up incoming calls during office hours to be automatically forwarded to your mobile device. In the event of customer queries made beyond office hours, depending on your auto-forwarding set up, the incoming call will be forwarded to your phone or your employees’ mobile devices. Thus, you can provide 24 hours customer service and support to your customers. In the end, you are also earning their trust.
- Voicemail feature – voicemails are designed to deliver a caller’s recorded audio message to a receiver. Perhaps someone calls you, but you are busy with other important things. Your caller will receive a pre-recorded greeting message that instructs them to leave their message. You can then retrieve those messages in the form of email messaging.
As said before, these are for the basic features only of the VoIP phone system. Now let’s tackle the business VoIP features.
Business VoIP features
- Auto-attendant – a very indispensable tool indeed, it allows you to instruct callers to dial an extension without the need for a receptionist or human telephone operator. Hence, it efficiently saves your time and effort aside from the fact that you don’t need to hire an additional employee to answer incoming calls.
- Scalability – Depending on the growth of your business, you can either add or remove lines with a little or no cost at all.
How to buy VoIP numbers?
Browsing the Internet would prove to be too overwhelming because countless service providers will pop-up on your screen. However, bear in mind when looking for the right VoIP service provider, you should consider the reliability and stability just like Hottelecom.
Why do customers choose Hottelecom?
There are various reasons why people choose Hottelecom to be their partner when it comes to cloud-based technology such as a VoIP number and other virtual phone numbers. The following are a few of the reasons:
- Data privacy – Hottelecom assures its customers that all their sensitive information is safe and secure.
- Customer-friendly support team – we provide customer service at its best. Our standby support team will answer your queries promptly.
- Best sound quality – Hottelecom boasts its high-quality sound with our latest Hottelecom clear-voice technology.
- High-quality connection – having the best sound quality is not enough. That is why people choose Hottelecom because of its superior stability and quality of connectivity.
- More than 100 ways of paying or purchasing your VoIP number – here at Hottelecom, we provide more than 100 payment methods for your convenience. And if you wish to remain anonymous, you can purchase our virtual number through the cryptocurrency payment method.
- More than 100 countries available – covering more than 100 countries worldwide, you can be sure that your business will expand to anywhere in the world.
In layman’s terms, the VoIP phone system allows you to communicate globally to every customer you have. It further enhances your business presence worldwide, especially if you are running a marketing campaign. Furthermore, it is a proven technology that provides an agile option to the outdated phone system.
Do you want to avail of any of our services? Then don’t hesitate to reach our Tech Specialists for more details and information. They are more than willing to help you solve your communication problem and will even walk you through the process of assessment in your business.