The twelve items in the checklist for writing preparation are:
1. Determine your general purpose.
2. Determine your specific purpose.
3, Make sure your purpose is realistic.
4. Make sure your timing is appropriate.
5. Make sure your sources are credible.
6. Make sure your message reflects positively on your organization.
7. Determine your audience size..
8. Determine your audience composition.
9. Determine your audience knowledge and awareness on the subject.
10. Expect possible responses.
11. Select the proper channel.
12. Make sure the information is accurate.